Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Word Salad

That boy's mouth is too fast for his brain...

Yep, I did it again.

One moment its normal conversation then suddenly I'm smack bang into a litany of words that have somehow by passed the thinking process and escaped from my mouth.

Of colours, stories and the land of the tomorrow trip I prattle, forgetting the potential of alienation and information overload...

Erg, its been too long since I've woven a tale, thank goodness for the literal captive audience.

Apologies for your bruised ears...

Qualis artifex pereo indeed...



~~~

The land of the tomorrow trip


The image changes from time to time,

Country road, sometimes straight, sometimes winding.

The fields golden and the wind rushing through the crops.

A vespa, a black/chromed cruiser bike, a red convertible, a yellow VW beetle.

The warm/cool/fresh air blasts in my face as I accelerate.

A cottage, fresh ingredients, chattering locals. The contrast of blinding gold, to seas of green.

The smell of fresh basil, roasting coffee.

Its a place of dream that I rarely speak of, a promise of tomorrow.

And now you now its name.

Qua patet orbis? One day perhaps.

1 comment:

siew wai said...

what an artist dies in u